Monday, June 30, 2008

From the Mouth of a child

OK. So, it is amazing the things that children say. I really began to understand what it means to have childlike faith tonight.
Well...let me go back a few days. Last week Robby was laid off from his job and we are looking of course for another job. So, needless to say...just a little bit of stress. He DID get a two week severance package, but two weeks is not very long to find a job, start a job and then already get a paycheck from that new job. YIKES!
Our pastor has been preaching a sermon series on faith. He is AMAZING! I love our pastor. Anyway...we have been looking at people in the bible whom GOD said had faith and what their lives looked like. This message series could not have come at a better time. We are really trusting and putting our faith in HIS WORD, not blindly. We are claiming HIS promises over our lives.
Tonight, the same as every night, Abby and I were saying her night time prayers before she went to bed. This is always a very sweet time and Abby LOVES it! When we finish praying she will take my hand and say, "again pray" so we will pray for something else. When we say "amen," she will take my hand and say, "again pray." This continues until finally I just have to put her into bed. Usually we will go through our prayer cycle for about 30 minutes. SUCH a sweet time and she LOVES praying to Jesus. Well, tonight as we finished praying and I said, "ok..it is time to go night night." Abby looked up at the ceiling and said "night night Jesus" in her sweet innocent voice. What an amazing God we serve! He knows exactly how to touch even the most tender heart. Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

I had no doubt that Miss Abby would say something like that soon... look at the examples that she lives with! You and Robby are doing an amazing job at giving Abby a strong faith - I know God is proud.

vintagemoondesigns36 said...

what a sweetie...she's a lotta magee! Hope you all are well in this crazy world! Visit my creations if you get a little time (what's time, right?)
vintagemoondesigns36.etsy.com
Shelley...Rob's cuz in c-town, (Columbus)=-)